Re: octave-mpi questions

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: octave-mpi questions
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:09:07 -0800

Thus, I do not believe that there is a way to let users restart MPI
and therefore I think a solution that ensures that MPI_Init and
MPI_Finalize are called just once is the only way to go.
I agree with Martin on this. Short of creating a process separate from Octave to handle the MPI communications, users would have to initialize once.

If you want me to test solutions, I am happy to do this. I have
current versions of MPICH and LAM installed on my cluster.

That would be great if you could test the code I posted earlier, I currently don't have access to a cluster. I have been developing with LAM by running multiple instances on one node.

Best,
JD