Creating a new scope

From: JD Cole
Subject: Creating a new scope
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:10:25 -0800

How would one go about creating a new scope? Here's what I'm trying to do:

I would like to evaluate a statement within the current scope, however, I don't want the evaluation to change any variables outside the evaluation of the statement.(This sounds like a functional execution.) I am currently about creating an octave_user_function, and passing the necessary variables from the current scope into as the input parameter values. Am I on the right track?

BTW: This is in reference to some parallel capability testing I'm doing.

Thanks,

JD