Re: Patches against latest CVS for IRIX 6.5

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Patches against latest CVS for IRIX 6.5
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:06:59 -0600

On 20-Feb-2003, Albert Chin <address@hidden> wrote:

| Good question. Can I just duplicate the definition for the others in
| ov.cc:
|   octave_value::octave_value (long int i)
|     : rep (new octave_scalar (i))
|   {
|     rep->count = 1;
|   }
|
| So I'd do:
|   octave_value::octave_value (unsigned long long i)
|     : rep (new octave_scalar (i))
|   {
|     rep->count = 1;
|   }
|   octave_value::octave_value (long long i)
|     : rep (new octave_scalar (i))
|   {
|     rep->count = 1;
|   }

No, because octave_scalar doesn't have a constructor for "long long"
types.  Do we want to add a new "long long" type to Octave (on systems
taht support such types)?  If so, should it just be a container, or
should it have useful operations?  If it has useful operations, we end
up with a potential explosion in the number of functions that must be
defined to handle various arithmetic operations.