Re: Graphical octave frontend

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Graphical octave frontend
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:26:21 -0600

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 07:07:27AM -0500, Paul Kienzle wrote:
> He is trying to compile and link a standalone app
> against liboctave/liboctinterp.  That's what mkoctfile
> is for.  If he doesn't want to use mkoctfile, then he
> can query mkoctfile for the compiler flags that it
> would use.  octave-config doesn't need to be extended
> to handle this.
>
> For the rest, one can always do as I'm doing in the
> most recent octave-forge:
>
>  dnl grab canonical_host_type from octave
>  canonical_host_type=`echo
> "disp(octave_config_info('canonical_host_type'))"\
>     | $OCTAVE -q`

I did / do similar things in the debian/rules for octave-forge.
This got a little easier thanks to octave-config, but I still need

octbin          := $(shell echo 'printf("%s", \
                        octave_config_info ("localverarchlibdir"));' | \
                        octave2.1 -q | cut -d: -f1 | sed -e 's/\\t//g')

It would be nice to collect all switches we all need within octave-config.

Dirk

--
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future.
                                             -- Niels Bohr