Status for sparse matrix support

From: Nicolas Guilbert
Subject: Status for sparse matrix support
Date: 21 May 2003 17:50:02 +0200

Hey,

I was wondering how the progress is going concerning the sparse matrix
functionality. Specifically, it would be useful (for me) to be able to
concatenate sparse matrices easily (S3 = [S1,S2]) and change the content
(for instance a = sparse(eye(10)), a(1,2)=3) whithout the matrices
becoming full. Does anyone have plans for this (in particular Andy
Adler, I suppose)? Or does anyone know what the caveats are in doing it?

cheers,

  Nicolas