Graphics handler in Octave

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: Graphics handler in Octave
Date: 30 Jul 2003 08:54:22 +0200

Hi, Octavers.

I am planning to release Oplot++ v0.1 during medio/ultimo August.

This release will include the statndard plotting functions like (Matlab
compatible);

1. plot
2. contour
3. plot3
4. surf
5. mesh
6. figure
7. hold

I am using Coin as visualisation library, and Qt as gui toolkit.
The communication protocol between Octave and Oplot is unix domain
sockets, which will work on *NIX-based system and in CygWin library.

If Octave will run on Windows without Cygwin, I guess a pipe interface
or an external tcp/ip interface is a good choice. There is slightly a
problem with the last one; It has to be extended.

After the base functions are finished, I am starting on the "new things"
in Oplot, which is (for what its worth) a matlab compatible Graphics
handler.

I think I will make "graphics handle"-objects, which is derived from
octave-value class. Is this a good choice? I've learned that
octave-value-class is going to be re-written?

Any comments?

Cheers,

Ole