Printing in whos

From: oyvinkri
Subject: Printing in whos
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:27:00 +0200

Hi!

I'm working on an alternative way of printing symbolic information by
whos at NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology).

For this purpose, I have created an built-in variable, named who_style.
I've defined two options for this variable:
1. traditional (Matlab-look, eg. names first)
2. non-traditional (the same way as it has been printed earlier).

This variable defaults to non-traditional, but is set to traditional
when --traditional is received by Octave at the command line.

So, I'm wondering: Is this the way to do it? Is this the right name for
this variable?

When this task is completed, I'll be working on the output from Octave,
to make it more easily readable by other programs. I'm planning to use
an option like --machine-readable to toggle this when starting Octave,
and an built-in variable like machine_readable=true/false.

Any comments?

Cheers,
Oeyvind