Re: Ploting the convolutions in Octave

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Ploting the convolutions in Octave
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:43:51 -0600

Inn,

First, try a more reasonable signal rather than a single
point.  [10] convolved with [20] is [200] and your version
of Gnuplot may have a problem plotting a single point.
Try something like plot([0:20]).  If the image still appears
momentarily then goes away, commands to your X11
display from Gnuplot are probably causing internal errors.
(After this occurs type 'ps -a' and look for any defunct
processes called 'gnuplot_x11'.)  You may need to update
some part of your system.

You might also try Gnuplot alone to help isolate things.
From the system prompt type "gnuplot" and try
"plot sin(x)".  If that doesn't work, it is something with
Gnuplot and X11, not Octave.

Dan

Innovation Kid wrote:

Hey People,
I am new to octave. Can anyone tell me the script for computing and plotting
the convolution and deconvolution in octave using gnuplot.
I am using in test.m file:

a=10
b=20
y=conv(a,b)
plot(y)
the graph comes on my xterm but goes immediately. I dont understand

Thx
Inn

--

Dan Sebald