Re: Handle Graphics implementation in Octave.

From: N Smethurst
Subject: Re: Handle Graphics implementation in Octave.
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:31:26 +0100

Le Mercredi 12 Novembre 2003 01:14, Paul Kienzle a écrit :
> The question is how.  Do you mark a start and end
> of transaction?  Or do you hold all updates until
> the input queue is empty and no more draw commands
> have come in the last 200 milliseconds?  Or is
> there some other way of batching the commands?
> Maybe the second way is best, with an explicit
> flush command to update the current graph.

I was considering both. Use a timer set for X milliseconds (could be user
definable in order to account for different different systems) and also have
an explicit flush command for high level plotting functions that want it. The
last thing we want to do is to have everything being sent one by one to the
visualisation app.

I wouldn't expect the timer would need to autoflush after more than about
2-20ms bearing in mind that it would be within a dynamic Octave plugin so
there would not be any latency to deal with.