Re: Still problems with CVS

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Still problems with CVS
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:26:34 -0600

On 13-Nov-2003, Bernd Kalbfuss <address@hidden> wrote:

| Ok, logging in first solves the problem. Maybe you could update the
| documentation on the octave web page? The login command is missing.

??

The bottom of the page http://www.octave.org/download.html says:

  The latest development sources of Octave are also available via
  anonymous access to a read-only CVS archive. There are also web
  interfaces to the archive using available at
  www.octave.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi
  and. www.octave.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi.

  If you decide to use the development sources from the CVS archive,
  please read the file
  ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/bleeding-edge/README.

  Assuming you have CVS installed on your machine you can check out the
  latest development version of Octave sources with the following
  sequence of commands:

  Set CVSROOT in your environment to

      :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

  Or alternately add

      -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs

  in the CVS commands below (place it immediately after cvs, before any
  other CVS arguments).

  Issue the command cvs login. You will be prompted for a password;
  reply with anoncvs.

  Issue the command

      cvs -z 9 checkout octave

  to check out the all of the current development sources for Octave.

  Once you've got the repository checked out, cvs update will sync your
  local copy with the repository. See the CVS manual for additional
  information on how to use CVS.

So I think it does tell you to login first.  Perhaps you missed it
because of the formatting?