accessing user-defined types from C++

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: accessing user-defined types from C++
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:02:20 -0600

On 21-Nov-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| Things won't be quite so easy on windows methinks
| because I will need to link world.oct directly against
| hello.oct.

Or, put the common functions in a separate shared library and link
both of the other functions against the common library.  Seems to also
work on my Debian system.

That brings up another related topic.  Perhaps when we are building
shared libraries, libcruft should be linked against all the libraries
it depends on, and liboctave should be linked against libcruft and
other direct dependencies, and liboctinterp agains liboctave and
other direct dependencies, even on Linux systems?