Re: restructuring load-save

From: JD Cole
Subject: Re: restructuring load-save
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:55:35 -0800

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 20-Nov-2003, JD Cole <address@hidden> wrote:

| This brought to mind two issues (1) licensing, such a | library should probably fall under a LGPL type license

If it is derived from code currently in Octave, it will be distributed
under the terms of the GPL.

jwe
I assumed as much, I guess my real point is that, such a library could be developed in parallel to Octave, but would it be more advantageous to develop this library out of the current discussion and then make Octave dependent upon it?

JD