Rand (was: benchmarks )

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Rand (was: benchmarks )
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:50:38 -0700

With respect to a random number generator, there was a short thread on
octave-help
http://www.octave.org/mailing-lists/help-octave/2004/5

The issue is that code from Dirk E. web page runs faster
then octave-forge function based on that code.
On my computer difference is 2.6 times (and I changed
Makefile to make sure that CFLAGS are the same).
Solving this issue may be easier then trying to implement
yet another algorithm ...

Sincerely,

Dmitri.