Re: octave.object(support) (Modified by Paul Kienzle)

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: octave.object(support) (Modified by Paul Kienzle)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:35:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Paul Kienzle wrote:

> I've been playing with a new type that allows you to define
> objects and methods implemented in oct-files, but callable
> directly from scripts using the usual object.method(args)
> syntax.

This is _really_ neat. However, I'm not sure how you will
access the object from a function.

For example, can I do this?

    function out=is_boiling()
       out = this > 100;
    endfunction

    x= new_temperature_degrees_celcius( 50 );

    disp( x.is_boiling() );

Would it use a C++ish "this" syntax for the object,
or would it use a Perlish first parameter?

Thanks

Andy