mkoctfile, LINK_DEPS and -lhdf5

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: mkoctfile, LINK_DEPS and -lhdf5
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:19:54 -0500

Hi,

Robert Kirchner reported a Mac OS X build failure to
me (private mail), which I believe can be traced to
mkoctfile not including $LIBS on the LINK_DEPS
line.

Specifically, the failure is that it is not finding
the H5 routines in David Bateman's ov-galois.cc
since -lhdf5 is not on the link line.

I notice $FLIBS is not there either, but I have no
evidence that this is a problem.

Perhaps someone with more experience with Mac OS X
builds could comment on this.

Any windows folks having problems with this?

Thanks,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden