__errcomm__.m fix

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: __errcomm__.m fix
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:54:11 -0600

On 16-Feb-2004, Teemu Ikonen <address@hidden> wrote:

| Errorplots seem to have been broken lately, attached is a little patch which
| fixes them.
|
| Teemu
| --- orig/octave/scripts/plot/__errcomm__.m
| +++ mod/octave/scripts/plot/__errcomm__.m
| @@ -58,8 +58,9 @@
|        sz = size (a);
|        ndata = 1;
|        arg1 = a;
| -      while (nargs--)
| +      while (nargs)
|       a = varargin{k++};
| +        nargs--;
|       if (isstr (a))
|         fmt = a;
|         cmd = "__errplot__ (arg1";

OK.  I think I see the problem is that we had something like

  while (nargs--)
    while (nargs--)

which means that this could now run forever?  Is there any particular
reason to decrement nargs after the "a = varargin{k++}" statement?

What about rewriting as

  while (nargs-- > 0)
    while (nargs-- > 0)

instead?  Or am I missing something obvious?