Re: Working patch for FFTW 3.0.x and Nd FFT's

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Working patch for FFTW 3.0.x and Nd FFT's
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:24:52 -0700

David Bateman wrote:

Why not the name fft_wisdom as opposed to fftw_wisdom? I realize that FFTW is being used, but if later some other FFT package is used then fft_wisdom could still apply. (I may have come in late on this discussion.)

My original patch had fft_wisdom, John preferred fftw_wisdom. He has CVS
write access, so he has the last say :-)

I do not know what was John reasonings, but since 'wisdom' is the FFTW3.x
peculiarity
it make sense (to me) to keep the reference in the name.

D.

Dmitri.