Help on Mailing list

From: Clinton Chee
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:54:11 +1100

Hi,

This is a help request about mailing lists.

I recently join the help-octave and octave-maintainers so that I can communicate with the developers. The mailing lists are great - I can have access through the web archive too.

Just wondering if I can remain in the mailing list (so that I can ask questions to developers eg. JD Cole, John Eaton) but avoid the deluge of Octave email that has been filling up my inbox lately. I would rather look at the mailing list and offer my contributions to others through the archive.

Currently it seems like you need to join to discuss, and thus receive everyone else's email:

"Joining the mailing lists

If you would like to join the discussion and receive all messages sent to these mailing lists, ....."

"Your message has been received, but you are not subscribed to the
help-octave mailing list using the address from which you sent your
mail, so your message will not be posted automatically."

Thanks.

Clinton Chee - PhD
Computational Scientist
High Performance Computing Support Unit
University of New South Wales
SYDNEY 2052 AUSTRALIA
chee at parallel stop hpc stop unsw stop edu stop au
Tel: 61 2 9385 6915 Mob: 61 4 0205 8983