Re: Nd cell array

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Nd cell array
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:58:56 +0100

What about something like

#include <octave/oct.h>
#include <octave/Cell.h>

DEFUN_DLD (myvol, args, ,
  "-*- texinfo -*-\n\
@deftypefn {Loadable Function} address@hidden =} myvol (@var{n})\n\
\n\
Create @var{n} by 1 cell array of matrices\n\
@end deftypefn\n")

{
  octave_value retval;
  int n = args(0).nint_value ();
  Cell c (n,1);

  // Just fill with empty matrices for this test
  for (int i = 0; i <n; i++)
      c (i) = octave_value (Matrix (2, 2, 0));

  retval = c;
  return retval;
}

According to Philipp.Batchelor <address@hidden> (on 03/04/04):
> Hi,
>
> sorry, trying to reformulate, I posted to help-octave, maybe it is more
> for this list.
>
> I am trying to read 3d volume data using another c++ library (vtk), and
> load it into Octave, I thought I would return a cell array,
> i.e. in an *.m file, the syntax would correspond to
>
> for slice = 1:n
>   volume{slice} = ...% some 2d array, say a Matrix
>   ...etc
>
> but I can't work out what the syntax in C++ would be.
> How would I create an array with say 128 elements which are each a 2D
> Matrix, and assign to elements, (and return this cell array) in a
> dynamically loadable C++ file?
>
> Ph. Batchelor

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary