Re: Documenting Octave Source

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Documenting Octave Source
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:28:11 -0600

On  5-Mar-2004, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

| On 27-Feb-2004, Paul Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
|
| | That is an excellent idea.  There are already some sites that post
| | Doxygen documentation of Octave;
| | eg.
| |
http://dionysos.univ-lyon2.fr/~dsarrut/src-doc/octave/html/classtree__expression.html
| |
| | There are more recent, English versions of octave posted out there but
| | for some reason the web is moving VERY slowly this morning so I couldn't
| | verify them.
| |
| | Could such documentation be posted on the octave site, John?
|
| This seems like a nice way to view the sources, but I'm afraid that I
| don't have time to set it up and maintain it myself.

Sorry to follow up to my own posting.

If someone automates the process of generating the docs from the
sources and puts those rules in the Octave Makefiles and links those
rules into the dist target so that we also create a tar file of
doxygen output files, then it would be easy to build the docs as a
part of making snapshot or release.  If building the doxygen files
were made simple, then I would be willing to put them on the web after
every snapshot.

Alternatively, we could build the doc files from the CVS archive and
update it more frequently, but someone will need to write the scripts
to do it as I don't have the time.

Thanks,