Re: Profiling Octave

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Profiling Octave
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:30:45 -0500 (EST)

    From Paul's recent email see below, I get the impression that octave
   can be compiled with gprof (-pg). However, when I build octave, it
   compiles successfully (I think) with the -pg but when I run it, I get:

   /home/chee/programs/octave-2.1.57$>src/octave
   panic: Profiling timer expired -- stopping myself...

WHich version of Octave are you compiling? The message appears to
be printed by sighandlers.cc, and the odd thing is that it is
in a section conditionally compiled for a SUN platform:

#ifdef sun
  "profiling timer expired",                /* 29 SIGPROF */

Maybe something wrong happens during autoconfiguration?