Re: NDArray for median ??

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: NDArray for median ??
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:02:39 -0700

David Bateman wrote:
Ok, in trying to also convert "median" to use NDArrays, I've come back
to the problem of converting "sort" first, as median uses the "sort"

This is somewhat off-topic. Technically one does not need to do a full
sort to get a median. I am just wondering how straightforward
would it be to modify 'sort' to just pickup the N-th element?
E.g. there is "select()" algorithm in the "Numerical Recipes"
which was faster than glibc's qsort() when I tried it.

Regards
David

Sincerely,

Dmitri.