Re: Octave Compiler And Octave Interpreter Source Doku

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave Compiler And Octave Interpreter Source Doku
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:20:04 +0200

This is great!! I'm looking forward to the result of your type interfering
and their incorporation in the octave interpreter...

Cheers
David

According to Jens Ruecknagel <address@hidden> (on 05/26/04):
> Hi,
>
> I am done. My Student research project is done and I can publish it.
>

> I implemented a minimal Octave to C++ compiler. It is not really good -
> just a proof of concept.
> The compiler supports a subset of Octave. It keeps Dynamic Typing. It
> builds a stack machine to evaluate expressions. This way the execution
> speed of loops is doubled.
>

> Second I wrote a documentation of the Octave Interpreter source code.
> It is the first Chapter of my student research project paper.
> Do you think I should separate the doku from the paper? Do you want to
> include it into the octave Documentation?
>

> The paper and the compiler can be downloaded from
> http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~rueckn/
>

> As my masters paper I will try to build a compiler with type inference.
> I am happy about any advice.
> I hereby want to start the compiler discussion again.
> I got the Majic-Paper, I am reading it right now. Are there any other
> papers I should read.
> Is there an octave/matlab Specification, I can use to build the type
> inference system?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jens

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary