Re: Help with [] for defined types

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Help with [] for defined types
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

OK, I understand why it is so hard now.

For stuff like your galois field types, which inherit from NDMatrix,
they don't need to add to the conversion table in data.cc. However,
doing this with sparse would need to add a new row and column.
I suppose it would be (after testing with Matlab)

          //       re   cx   ch c  spre spcx
          // --------------------
          // re   |re   cx   ch X  spre spcx
          // cx   |cx   cx   X  X  spcx spcx
          // ch   |ch   X    ch X   X    X
          // cell |X    X    X  c   X    X
             spre  spre spcx X  X   spre spcx
             spcx  spcx spcx X  X   spcx spcx
          // (X means incompatible).

This appears to be a significant pain right now. I think I've
decided to leave it for the moment (after all, the functions
sphcat and spvcat exist)

Thanks

Andy