Re: [Mingw-users] compile failure in <winnt.h>

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: [Mingw-users] compile failure in <winnt.h>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:58:45 +0200

Danny Smith wrote:

You may have hit a compiler parsing bug (fixed in later gcc).  Try
breaking up the
declaration
of _IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL in winnt.h  into

union _IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL
{
};

typedef union _IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL;
typedef union _IMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL * PIMAGE_AUX_SYMBOL;

Danny,

This did not do it for me. I tried to reproduce the problem in small test programme and, following a suggestion from John Eaton, I took a look at the temporaries, to see if the expansion of the structure was OK. All this was to no avail. Finally, I removed the offending declaration, in its entirity, since it is not used in the building if the library concerned, and the compilation went through. I have not yet completed the build of octave because I am still, to my chagrin, missing an external library. However, progress has been made!

Thanks for your help

Paul Thomas