Re: Octave 2.1.58 available for ftp

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave 2.1.58 available for ftp
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:12:55 +0200

Yes, my matlab R12 copy works like this... This is a bit of a pain
though as the subsasgn function for the integer types is inherited
from octave_base_matrix. This means that a new version of subsasgn
need to be written for the ov-base-int.cc that check first if the
class is double and treat it one way and if not as it is currently
treated...

D.

Daprès Przemek Klosowski <address@hidden> (le 02/09/2004):

> With the latest octave (2.1.58), 'a=1; a(2)=2' returns 'a=1 2', as
> always; but 'b=int8(1);b(2)=2' results in an error:
>
>   operator =: no conversion for assignment of 'scalar' to indexed 'int8
> scalar'
>
> The similar error happens for int16 and int32.

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary