funds to UW trust

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: funds to UW trust
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:29:14 -0400

On  4-Oct-2004, Stefan van der Walt <address@hidden> wrote:

| Is there a website showing the contributions made to the UW fund for
| Octave development and how they are being spent?

No, I have not made a page that shows this information.  Here is a
summary of the contributions since we started accepting them:

        total   number of
  year   amt   contributors
  ----  -----  ------------
  1999  $ 451       7
  2000     75       1
  2001     50       1
  2002   1030       5
  2003   1904       7
  2004   1546       4
         ====
         5056

Included in this sum is $1600 (2 contributions) from a professional
society and more than $800 from the sale of Octave manuals ($1 per
manual sold) by Network Theory Ltd.

The contributions go into a pool of unrestricted funds used by the
research group that I work for and may be used to pay salaries,
travel expenses, or make equipment purchases.