Re: Embedding Octave

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: Re: Embedding Octave
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:30:43 +0200

Have you got any web-page for your development?

Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

Ole Jacob Hagen said:
Hi, Ian.

Are you trying to make something like kOctave, but using Qt instead?

no
A link to kOctave is: http://bubben.homelinux.net/~matti/koctave/

Check it out. :-)
kicked it around last night, but its very primitive.  my goal was a bit
more advanced.  i wish to use the existing KDevelop IDE as a platform to
make a more integrated system.  The problem with koctave is it didnt give
me any more project control over using Kate and the konsole (what koctave
is), KDevelop has this out of the gate.  In about 25 lines of code I have
KDevelop doing what KOctave can do now, but I wish to go further. Another
50 lines added a variable/method browser for the .m files.

The support in KDevelop is what inspired me to start on the embedded
console.  Futher integration will happen as we expand the feature of this
console.

Cheers
  -ian reinhart geiser