Re: segmentation fault when load more then 2.1 GB

From: Russell Standish
Subject: Re: segmentation fault when load more then 2.1 GB
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:35:54 +1000

We are currently implementing this in Octave 2.1.57 (as typedef
idx_t). This is a big job, much bigger than than we anticipated when
we started. A lot of code needs to be changed (although usually in a
trivial way).

If you want to help out, you are welcome to join us as a developer.

This leaves a major unsolved task of how to fold these changes back
into John's CVS repository - as Octave has now marched onto 2.1.60...

                                                                Cheers

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:52:34AM -0500, Daniel Heiserer wrote:

> Did anyone create now an octave_idx or is there an agreement howto
> implement a typedef for the indexing?
> I cannot do this.
> I could start crawling through the libraries and change them to this
> index-type once the core maintainers made up the starting decision howto
> do this. I would suggest that (one of) the next beta version has this
> type defined.
> I also suggest we do the same for the filepointer stuff. So we can
> adress the big stuff and make it configurable before the compilation.
> It shouldn't be that a big deal to write a check routine which includes
> compiling and allocating and adressing these large entities.
>
> -- daniel

may safely ignore this attachment.

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")
Australia                                address@hidden