Re: Making octave standalone package in Windows.

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: Making octave standalone package in Windows.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:

> Have someone planned to make a binary version of Octave-2.1.60 +
> octave-forge + cygwin + gnuplot for Windows?
>
> I've looked at the install script that Andy Adler used, but it doesn't
> seems that Cygwin is included here.....

My script does some gymnastics to create a stand alone executable with
octave+octave-forge. This results in a much faster and smaller
windows executable.

It does depend on cygwin.

> I am planning to use cygwin compiler, but which compiler is best
> suitable, when speed and performance are important?

The general consensus is that gcc-3.2 is best for octave. Search
the mailing list for places to find it.

> Has anybody, made a standalone octave of 2.1.60 before me? Or at least a
> windows binary with ND-array support? This is very crucial.

No, but this would be a useful contribution. You should also
try to build it with ATLAS. I'll try to help if you have
problems.

--
Andy Adler