compile octave in Cygwin

From: Ole Jacob Hagen
Subject: compile octave in Cygwin
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:28:29 +0200

Hi.

I've compiled octave-2.1.60 on cygwin with gcc-3.3.1 successfully, and is making a standalone windows exe package for Octave, Octave-forge and gnuplot.
I will add atlas and blas package as soon as possible....

I've read that gcc-3.2 is the best choice of compiler, but I couldn't find a gcc-3.2 package for my cygwin....

Has anybody some performance results, that compares octave compiled with different versions of gcc?

Why is gcc-3.2 recommended? And is gcc-3.4.x solving that problem?

Cheers,

Ole J.