Re: gcc 3.4 and Octave/lapack problems

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: gcc 3.4 and Octave/lapack problems
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:05:50 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 11-Nov-2004, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

| Also, if -ffloat-store indeed the must for lapack/octave, should we
| make it a default?

It seems like this might be a reasonable change to make.  We'll need a
configure check since -ffloat-store probably only makes sense for
gcc/g++/g77.

I guess one of the questions weather we shall pass it to g77 only
(at the moment that looks sufficient), or to all three?
I noticed that loop performance drops some 20% if I have
it in CXXFLAGS. I do not see any difference if CFLAGS have
it or not.

Any insights?

jwe

Dmitri.