octave and MPI

From: Michael Creel
Subject: octave and MPI
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:13:22 +0000

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 18:47, John W. Eaton wrote:
<snip>
> and adding the new implementation of sparse matrices.  In addition to
> these changes, I think we still have the following items for Octave
> 3.0:
>
>   * allow [x{:}] = f (...) to work
>
>   * private functions
>
>   * some support for MPI

<snip>

> I'm willing to drop the MPI item as I think this can be handled in an
> external package.

MPITB (http://atc.ugr.es/javier-bin/mpitb) works very well. I'm attaching a
pdf of a research paper that is almost done to provide evidence of this.
Please be sure to look at Figure 1. All of the code will be made public as
soon as the paper is done. I think it would be great if this MPI
functionality could make it into octave, and incorporating it would help to
keep compiling problems under control. Whenever octave's internal types
change, Javier has to do some under the hood work to get MPITB to compile
again.

OK, I'm holding my breath until Christmas!
Michael