Re: How to make Octave build and run natively on Windows?

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: How to make Octave build and run natively on Windows?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:25:20 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:

> What is neccessary to build Octave with e.g MSVC, besides removing the
> readline related files?
> What files is handling the readline stuff?

Octave does not get on well with MSVC at all. I have one application
where I need to build an *oct file which links to an MFC based dll
to automate some testing. The link to the MFC dll needs to be built
with MSVC, but I needed to create another 'layer' of dynimic libraries
to link it to octave.

One issue was that 'windows.h' conflicts badly with the octave headers.
MSVC _really_ seems to want to include 'windows.h'.

Another issue is that MSVC compliance to C++ is (charitably) not good.

I don't think this one is worth the effort.
--
Andy Adler