Re: 2.1.64 snapshot soon?

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: 2.1.64 snapshot soon?
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:00:23 +0100

On Dec 3, 2004, at 12:02, Per Persson wrote:

On Dec 3, 2004, at 06:11, John W. Eaton wrote:

I'm preparing to make a 2.1.64 snapshot that will be declared
"testing" or "recommended".  There haven't been too many bugs
reported, but at least one was fairly serious (the "end" indexing
problem for some data types).  I think most problems reported since
the 2.1.63 snapshot was made have been fixed.  Is anyone aware of a
problem that still needs to be addressed?

[snip]

$ gperf --version
GNU gperf 2.7.2

Upgrading to gperf 3.0.1 solved the problem. I suppose that Makefile.in and aclocal.m4 should be updated to reflect the requirements, but that is not a problem for a snapshot.

Make check reports the following failures:
FAIL: octave.test/io/fopen-1.m
FAIL: octave.test/io/binary-io-1.m
FAIL: octave.test/string/num2str-1.m
FAIL: octave.test/string/deblank-1.m