Re: Octave on Windows compiled with MinGW

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave on Windows compiled with MinGW
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:04:49 -0500

readline is a bit of a problem. The windows console has a builtin readline capability so it shouldn't be that bad in the short term. Long term I would recommend embedding octave in tcl/tk and writing a little IDE in tcl complete with readline-like capabilities.
Or maybe borrow the console from the R project.

I'm surprised kpathsearch isn't available since TeX was ported to DOS and Windows
ages ago.

fork is only used in a couple of places, and it shouldn't be too hard to replace them
with the equivalent windows calls.

- Paul