Re: contour

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: contour
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:15:15 -0500

On 24-Jan-2005, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:

| >I think it would also be nice if it could embed the contour levels in
| >the plot lines (I recall that there were plotting packages from the
| >mid-eighties (or even before) that could do this).  Maybe gnuplot has
| >this feature now?  I haven't checked.
| >

| Not familiar with that, but I'll see what contour can do now.

I remember the NCAR graphics package could mark the contour lines so
they looked like this:

even with curved countours, of course.  The numbers could be rotated
and did not overlap in any of the examples I saw.  I'm fairly sure the
placement was automatic, but maybe someone else on the list will know
for sure.