Re: pkg-octave project created at Alioth/Debian

From: Rafa Rodríguez Galván
Subject: Re: pkg-octave project created at Alioth/Debian
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:17:10 -0600

Hello,

my name is Jose Rafael Rodriguez Galvan (yes, another Rafael :).
I am a profesor in the Department of Mathematics at the Cádiz
University (Spain) and Director of the OSLUCA [0], the Free Software
Office of the Cádiz University.

I have been using Debian for years and I think it's a good moment for
helping. I am not a DD (though I wold like, some day, to be),
my work in debian comes down to packaging wxMaxima, a wxWidgets
interface for the CAS Maxima, which I'm intending to maintain [1].

I have been always interested in free software related to Mathematics
and Engineering, concretely I have used Octave, but I have never helped
in it's development. Maintaining octave and related packages sounds good
for me, so you can count on my help for anything you consider necessary.

Rafa.

[0] http://softwarelibre.uca.es
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/01/msg01157.html

--