min function very slow?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: min function very slow?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:36:13 -0600

My eyes are deceiving me. I came across a slow loop and to my surprise traced it to the min function. But I'm wondering how this can be because I looked through the source code and the min/max commands inside minmax.cc and dNDArray.cc look identical except obviously for the change in sign when testing order. I have a fairly recent version of 2.1.64.

I put together a little test script. Someone please try the attached script. My result is

octave:1> minmaxtime
looptime = 0.044205
maxtime = 0.081752
mintime = 7.5832