where to send test scripts and how to write them exactly

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: where to send test scripts and how to write them exactly
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:15:50 -0500

On  4-Mar-2005, Gorazd Brumen <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am trying to contribute a couple of test scripts for octave.
| Where should I send them and are there any specific rules
| how to write them?

You can send them to either the bug or maintainers list.

The format used by the current stest scripts would be useful, or the
format used in some files where the tests appear as comments at the end
of the file (this format and the supporting code was developed by Paul
Kienzle).

Eventually I would like to see us use one format for tests, probably
patterned after the format created by Paul.

I originally chose the DejaGNU test framework because it seemed like
the best thing.  Now I don't think we need all of that machinery for
testing Octave.  If Octave crashes during a test run, then that
problem should be fixed.  It doesn't really matter whether the rest of
the tests beyond the point of the crash are also executed.