Re: remove fftpack from Octave?

From: Trond Varslot
Subject: Re: remove fftpack from Octave?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:53:22 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:

Would anyone object if we removed the fftpack sources from Octave?
Then you would have to install FFTW first before you could compute
FFTs, but I don't see that as a major problem.
I think this would be a good idea. Most people would like use FFTW anyway, and it would remove unnecesary code. Of course the same argument could be used for BLAS-routines and the like. However, configuring ATLAS for your computer takes that much longer, and aquiring an optimized BLAS may not be easy. This should not be made mandatory.

Just my opinion.
--
Trond Varslot.