Re: Octave 3.0

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:02:05 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:

 * mpi interface for Octave (have contributed code, actually several
   options at this point)
I noticed that the latest Matlab service pack (released in the last few weeks) now includes a Distributed Computing Toolbox and Distributed Computing Engine (see http://www.mathworks.com/products/distribtb/). I haven't used any of the Octave MPI stuff, so I'm pretty ignorant about all this, but I just wondered whether it is feasible or worthwhile to try to be compatible with their way of doing things. In briefly looking over the function definitions, it appears that it would require support for objects.

-Quentin