Re: Type estimating Octave Compiler

From: Jens Ruecknagel
Subject: Re: Type estimating Octave Compiler
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:01:38 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
I see that your code does not include any copyright statement.  As
much of it appears to be derived from Octave, I think it must be
distributed under terms that are compatible with the GPL.  Probably it
is best to include some copyright notice in each substantial file.

Thanks for this remark. I will publish it under GPL and contribute it to
 Octave. But give me some time. I am thinking of deriving a Journal
Paper from the work.

The other thing is that it is still a prototype.

Since your compiler relies on the internals of Octave, it might be
good to include it in the core of Octave so that it does not suffer
bit rot and quickly become obsolete (if it is part of Octave, then we
will notice when changes to the Octave internals cause problems for
the the compiler).  Would you be interested in contributing it?

Yes - as soon I figured out whether to publish it as paper.

Whats your opinon? Do you know a Journal where I migh publish a derived
paper?

Jens