Octave-forge packaging

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Octave-forge packaging
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:03:37 -0500

I've been packaging octave-forge RPMs for a while and I'm currently in the process of getting it into Fedora Extras. In the review process, someone pointed out the presence of the nonfree code in the source, which may make it ineligible for distribution with Fedora. I'm not compiling or including the nonfree software with the binaries, but I'm not yet sure if its presence in the source is a problem or not. Can anyone out there tell me how this is done for Debian? Furthermore, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to make the nonfree part a separate package or remove it from octave-forge--does anyone even use it?

-Quentin