Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-forge packaging
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:56:13 -0400

On 23-Apr-2005, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

| Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
|
| > This "pretty useless" code could be useful one day when one writes a Free
| > replacement of gcvsplf.f and gpcl (or author releases it under Free
| > license, etc...)
| >

| Here is some other piece of information:
|
| http://isb.ri.ccf.org/biomch-l/archives/biomch-l-1994-06/00093.html
|
| So, the author of gcvsplf.f died more than 10 years ago.
| What the status of the copyright now?

IANAL, but I suppose it belongs to his heirs unless the copyright was
assigned to someone else along the way.

The sad thing is that the file in question is all of about 600 lines
of Fortran.  But I know as well as anyone that if you don't understand
the methods involved, it can be damn hard to write the 600 lines.