Re: Selective history search with arrow keys

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Selective history search with arrow keys
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:02:53 -0400

On 23-Apr-2005, Keith Goodman <address@hidden> wrote:

| I modified the system-wide octaverc file to configure Octave's
| line-input editing (readline).

I applied your changes.

| The patch (against 2.9.2) for Makefile.in is (I don't know where
| fcnfiledir and localfcnfiledir point but since octaverc is installed
| in both places I installed inputrc in both places as well. Please
| correct me if this is wrong.)

I decided to only install one copy of the inputrc file and create two
separate octaverc files.  The one in the local dir will just have a
comment and the one in the main startup directory will have the
readline init.

| I may also need to patch the Octave documentation. For instance here:
| http://www.octave.org/doc/octave_3.html#SEC27. I'll wait to see if I
| need to make change to what I have so far.

I don't think this is necessary.  The docs point to the octaverc file
and that includes comments about what it does.  If we add more code
there, I don't expect that we should document everything it does.

Thanks,