Re: Old patches from Red Hat

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Old patches from Red Hat
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:31:34 -0400

On 28-Apr-2005, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| Can some of these definitions and routines be replaced with
| something from the header file "ieee754.h"?  In there are a variety
| of helper routines and structures for accessing the sign bit.

Is that header file defined by any standard?

On my system, /usr/include/ieee754.h does not include any declarations
for functions or any macros that appear to be related to accessing the
sign bit.  All I see are some declarations of some structures for
defining the format of IEEE floating point values.  But maybe I'm
missing something.