Re: save options handling

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: save options handling
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:16:40 -0500

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
I think it is a bug, but may be I misunderstood the logic:

default_save_options = -binary -zip
crash_dumps_octave_core = 0
octave:1> x=1;
octave:2> save -text x.txt x
octave:3> quit
address@hidden octave]$ file x.txt
x.txt: gzip compressed data, from Unix

Should not that be ASCII text?

As you suggest above, it is how you interpret the logic I guess. If you were to unzip x.txt, you may find it is text. That is, text/binary are two complementary options. -zip is an additional, independent option. You may be thinking that -text at the command line should override all default settings.

Dan