Re: default ~/.octaverc template

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: default ~/.octaverc template
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:47:42 -0700

That's perfect! (The only downside I can see is that the ~/.octaverc
template will be very long.)

Should the ~/.octaverc file be created when Octave is built or should
it be created when Octave is run for the first time? The former is
faster for the user (and it won't crash) but the latter can update the
automated descriptions if a user changes the help documentation. Wait,
that's not true because the ~/.octaverc file is only created the first
time a user runs Octave. My guess is that the file should be
constructed when Octave is built. But an automated dump_prefs
functions will be even more useful than an ~/.octaverc template so I
take that back.