Re: merging functions from octave-forge

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: merging functions from octave-forge
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:35:22 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:

> so that leaves about 150 functions to merge:
>
>   addpath betaln blkdiag brighten builtin calendar clf complex
>   contourf conv2 convhull convhulln cplxpair csvread csvwrite cumtrapz
>   datenum datestr datevec del2 delaunay delaunay3 delaunayn demo
>   dlmread dlmwrite dos drawnow edit ellipj ellipke eomday expm1 factor
>   factorial fill fill3 filter2 fminbnd fplot full funm fzero getfield
>   ginput gradient griddata gtext hadamard ifftshift imread imwrite
>   inputname interp1 interp2 interpft intersect isdir isequal ismember
>   isprime issparse legend legendre magic mat2str meshc mkpp nchoosek
>   nnz nonzeros now nthroot ode23 ode45 optimset orient pareto pascal
>   patch pcg pchip pcolor peaks peaks perms pie plot3 polyarea ppval
>   primes print psi quadl quiver rat rats regexp rmpath rosser rref
>   scatter setdiff setfield setxor sortrows sound soundsc sparse
>   spdiags speye spfun spline spones sprand sprandn spy stem str2double
>   strcmpi strfind strmatch strncmp strncmpi strtok strvcat surf surfc
>   tar text textread trapz tsearch unique unmkpp view voronoi voronoin
>   waitbar wavread wavwrite weekday wilkinson xlsread xmlread xmlwrite
>   zoom
>
> Comments?

I nominate Paul Kienzle's zscore, nanmean, nanmedian, nanmin, nanmax,
and nanstd. These function, while not part of the standard Matlab
function set, are in the Matlab statistics toolbox.

For a new Octave user like me, it would be helpful if all of these
functions were placed in a new directory somewhere in the Octave cvs.
That would make it easy to submit patches against them. And it would
make it easy to see which functions still need work. When someone
thinks a new function is ready they can submit a patch that moves the
function to its proper location.